Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31: Happy Halloween to All Who Indulge

I have looked at all the sweet treats and envisioned each and every one of their tastes.  I remember all the fun we had as kids and then with our kids going out and trick-or-treating. Helping my kids create their costumes was always fun and inventive.  I may have purchased one or two costumes, but most were made from things we pulled together.  Then there was always the counting, sorting, trading, and hoarding of the candy.  When the kids were small they had allergies to something in the chocolate, so Kevin and I general raked in our fair share.  Seems like ages ago or maybe just moments ago.  There is something magical and innocent about that part of Halloween! 

I have never cared for horror movies or scary haunted houses, but one year I did help to create one at the kids' school.  I did it because they wanted to have the experience.  Can't remember much about the actual trips through the thing, but it was fun constructing it.  I even helped with a few of this kinds of things when I was first teaching.  My goal was to let it be just scary enough to make if fun!

We are not expecting or preparing for any "treaters" tonight.  Our door is not really set up to make one think it is a place to stop and we live out on the edge of town.  Kevin will miss the leftovers, but he probably stop for a treat on the way home, anyway.  (He just arrived - He did not buy anything, but he did volunteer to go get one.)

No comments: