Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 20: A Little Blue Sky and the Promise of Fun

This morning I woke up without any discomfort in my fingers, 40% blue skies, and a plan for lunch with Sandi, another new friend who is a quilter.  Who could ask for more?  It was enough to get me busy and focused so I would feel like I had more than earned an outing.

I made 2 bindings, a backing, and cleaned up some small piles of scraps from my latest quilting activities.  I also set out another top to finish and another binding.  Kevin asked me when I was going to quilt just for me, and I responded that if I am quilting, it is for me just because I can play with the fabric.  Of course, I do have some quilts waiting to get out of my head, but part of the fun is just thinking about them.

Kevin brought home another class project last night.  It is going to be used to hold a collage of Vermont photos to remind us of all the fun we are having here.  The frame is made of cherry and walnut.  The big part of the assignment was mitered corners.  It is beautiful in person.

Last night I got to see the center block for my quilting side table.  The veneers he chose to make the Ohio Star block are beautiful as they are, but once there is a finish on them they will be magnificent.  Kevin has learned so much and is having so much fun doing it, that even if he never opened a business he would have so much to show for his efforts.

Last night while Kevin attended wood turning club, I spent time with Connie.  We worked on our first needle punch projects, but mostly we laughed and laughed.  On the way home, Kevin commented that it looked and sounded like we were having a good time.  I would say we had a great time.  Think I appreciate friendships more because I do spend a lot of time on my own.  Love working on my on thing and having time to do just what I want, but laughter and conversation with friends makes for a great time, as well.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Well, I think that I certainly had a good time... I do love to laugh and we certainly seem to do lots of that when we get together!! I enjoyed every moment.