Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27: Change of Plans

I have started getting into a routine of doing hand sewing on Thursday because Sandi comes over and we do the hand work while we talk, but things did not work in her schedule.  Therefore, I finally tackled putting the new leaders and zippers on my HQ.  I had thought I would wimp out and wait for Kevin, but it went okay once I figured out what I was doing.  Of course, I need to purchase a little bit of sticky backed Velcro because the the leaders are a little longer than my last ones, but I can use it now and will pick some up this weekend.

After I finished this task, I went out to get the mail, ate lunch and sat down to check email and post.  I glanced down and realized I was still decorated from the leader job.  For me, a few strands of thread or a threaded needle might end up on my clothes on a regular basis, but can't say that the long pins ever seem to leave the studio.  Had to share. 
Yes, I am wearing a fleece vest.  Since mid-October when the temps started dropping, I have tended to get chilling when I am sewing so I put one of several fleece vest as I walk into the studio and then forget to take it off the rest of the day.  It is 66 degrees in the apartment and 41 degrees outside, so it seems like reasonable attire.  Last year I whined about cold hands and feet, so I have new heavier socks and some cozy slippers that I put on every morning.  I also take short breaks when sewing to swing my arms around and flex my fingers.  I am being pro-active, and hoping to keep the thermostat turned down to avoid any huge oil bills.

Don't believe that I am going to work on the t-shirt quilt today. I am ahead of schedule for it, anyway.  I have some paperwork and planning to do and decided that this is a great day for it.  Also, need to do some measuring for more quilt backs since next week I plan to spend a lot of time at the HQ.

1 comment:

Robin said...

One of my new friends, Connie, said I have doomed us to really cold weather, etc. because of my comments. I already clarified that I meant cooler than Texas and Tennessee. I love three of the four seasons and tolerate summer because we love being out on the pontoon.