Monday, October 17, 2011

October 15-16: Very Quiet Weekend

Kevin had some catch up work to do at school, and I wanted to finish up a project this weekend, so when we woke to rain on Saturday, we decided that we would not go anywhere except the grocery store this weekend and just take care ot what needed to be done.  It was a very productive weekend for both of us, but it was also pretty darn rainy off and on from Friday through Sunday.

Kevin and I went to walk of Saturday, but the skies opened up and we did not get the walk in.  I was already feeling chilled and did not think getting wet (no umbrella or raincoat) would be a good choice.  Then we sat down to dinner and this rainbow appeared.  Kevin snapped it through the screen.  I looked upon it as a promise of many more wonderful days to come.

However, I think I am having a minor frustration at this moment.  I hate to say this, but I think I am showing signs of of carpal tunnel syndrome or a pinched nerve.  I am going to give my right hand some time to rest, but that also means I am going to cut back on chatty posts.  If things don't settle down in a couple of days, I will make my first visit to my new doctor.  Until then I will skip binding and just do machine embroidery and piecing.  (After doing all that binding the last few weeks, I would have to say that I have been doing a lot of repetitive motion work, right?)

Why am I thinking carpal tunnel?  Well, about 20 years ago I had it so bad that I had to have surgery and if memory serves me correctly, this is how it felt but more painful still.  I am just going to try a little resting of my hand along with Alieve to see if I can get it to back off.  It is not dibilitating but it is very annoying.  Can't even make a decent fist!  Fortunately, I am very left handed.

That being said, I have one more completed project to share.  Aleah's placemats and napkins are finished and will be mailed later this week along with Dean's birthday quilt.   Despite the way the photos look, the placemats are squared up.   There are 8 reversible placemats, 6 yellow rooster napkins and 11 red rooster napkins.  (The 12th one was my first rolled edge on the serger and it did not go well!)  Love the edge I did on all the other napkins.  Proud of myself for learning how to do this and will use the technique again very soon.



No comments: