Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10: School Holiday for Kevin

Remember writing about what you did on your vacation. If Kevin were to write a paper about what he did for his holiday, it would have to include all these things.

Today when I got up, I had a complete list of things to accomplish.  I don't really sleep in often because I see NO reason to waste the day.  Therefore, I planned lots to do today.

1.  Moved things back into place and waited for the washing machine to be delivered.

2.  Finished sanding any spackle that was missed last night.

3.  Did the cut-in painting while Robin taped the windows, door frames, and moldings.

4.  Took turns using the roller to paint the kitchen.

5.  Supervised the washing machine delivery men.

6.  Finished up the painting because Robin went off to blog and blog and blog.

7.  Took Robin to lunch because we couldn't get into the frig yet.

8.  Did our two mile walk while we wait for the paint to dry.  Met a very friendly little puppy.

9.  Tried to take a nap but Robin kept thinking of one more thing to tell me.

10.  Finally got around to eating the banana I planned to eat at 9:00.

11.  Scheduled the oil change for my truck.

12.  My "sweet" but talkative wife allowed me to sleep for about 25 minutes, but then bumped my foot rest as she left the room.



13.  Removed all the blue tape from the windows, door frames, and moldings.

14.  Waited impatiently for Robin to finally be ready to set up her longarm.

15.  Made a rough design of my business card.


16.  Set up the longarm so that Robin can make even more quilts.

17.  Put everything back into the kitchen just in time for supper.

18.  Watched a movie and played cribbage.

Great day!  Feels like I got something done and enjoyed doing it.  Well, don't love painting but it needed to be done.