Friday, October 7, 2011

October 7: Blue Sky and Smiles

I don't have any photos today, but the sky is blue, the air has a hint of fall, and I am feeling quite pleased with myself.  I have now finish quilting all the tops I have currently made for Dad and I have several quilts, two wall hangings and a table runner bound.  I should be able to post quite a few of the pieces I am finishing for Dad, by Wednesday.  Want to have all the quilted items out in the mail by Friday.  Then I am going to pause that mission and finished the one I have going for Aleah.  In case you have not noticed, there is ALWAYS something in the pile that is long overdue.

We are heading into a 4 day weekend, so I do not know when I will take time to post, but imagine it will be Monday while we are here waiting for a delivery.  Saturday and Sunday I have set aside for two quilt shows and touring the fall foliage.  Kevin is going with me on Sunday, but I am going with a new friend, Connie, on Saturday.  We plan to make it a day and plan to hit the quilt shop where I bought the first Stone Chip charms, and also have lunch some where.  Connie is my friend who eats vegan, so who knows what we will find for lunch.  I will let you know.

Kevin and I have really worked at getting our two-mile walks in, if it is not pouring down rain.  I think I am going to need a pair of light gloves soon but otherwise, it has been invigorating.  We are also going to add some DAILY stretching and toning over the next few days and try to develop a real workout plan.  Losing the weight has been good, but some days I find that I think of parts of me and relate them to Rudyard Kipling's Saggy, Baggy Camel story.  Since there are only two options: firm it up or refill it, and I know that the firming is the only real choice so I keep trying to love exercise.  (Do love water exercise, but that is not an option at the moment.)

Next post should have some great fall color pictures.  We see more and more changing leaves every day. 

No comments: