Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24: Plan of the Day or Maybe for the Week

First, Happy 5th birthday to my granddaughter Zoe!  We will be g-chatting tonight for a little singing, present opening, and ice cream.

ITEMS ON MY LIST: (fairly long, but do-able if I commit myself)
  • I wrote my weekend posts last night because today is going to be all about sewing.  I have already cut out another lap size embroidered quilt for Dad's collection.  I did a few test runs with the colors and will quickly sew it up this morning.
  • Start the t-shirt quilt.  I am going to do a lengthy post about it on Friday.  I am going to try and explain what I am doing, how long it is taking for each part, and sharing any tips or concerns as I go.  This will not be complete directions for the quilt, but rather about the process and the final product. Goal is to begin doing the hand stitching on the binding by Nov. 15 or sooner.
  • Lift weights M, W, F, and Sunday. 
  • Use Bosu ball T, T, S.
  • Use the Wii for some balance activities or to bowl with Kevin at least 3 evenings this week. 
  • Walk every day either our two mile outside route or with Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim DVD.
  • Re-configure my HQ leaders and zippers.
  • Use a pantograph on at least two small quilts.  I have done a few, but each time I feel like I am re-learning the whole process.  This time I am going to do a number of small quilts during the next few weeks so that I can feel that I have finally mastered this.  (Love to freehand but sometimes like the look of the pantos.)
  • Use the ruler to do diagonal lines on on a small quilt using the HQ.  Since I am going to use the block corners for my guidelines, lets hope the lines are fairly straight when I am done.  I have not tried this before on the HQ.
  • Finish my own design using needle punch so I can actually frame my pumpkin before Halloween.  Kevin has the frame made but not stained so I have a couple of evenings to get punchy!

No comments: