Friday, October 28, 2011

October 28: Original Project

Finished my first original needle punch design.  I have a few large loops that I did not catch and could not seem to get back to to fix, but I learned a lot.  Kevin and I cooperated on this.  I asked for some quickie, simple frames. (He was clear that these were not classified as "fine woodworking" but rather practical, simple frames.)  He made me 4 with 1/8 in plywood backs.  I went to school with him last night where we cut cardboard inserts to mount the design.  I put together the insert, placed it in the frame, and then put in the plywood back.    Just a little something for my November walls. 

That is one more thing I can check off my weekly list of goals.  Not going to complete all that I set out to do because I did other things that were not in the plan, but I have a list started for next week, right?  For the remainder of the day, I have some walking and weights planned, a bit of housework comes next, and then plan to finish most of t-shirt quilt top.  I will post about it later today.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I happened upon your other blog the other day because I saw something about South Dakota and since I was born and raised there I am always interested. I went back and caught up with your blogs starting in August and have enjoyed your daily journey's. I am from Britton, SD. I have 3 sisters and a brother who still live out there and of course lots of nieces and nephews. I have been quilting about 20 years. I am hoping that you might e-mail me back and tell me what part of eastern SD you will be heading when your year in Vermont is over. Your husband makes beautiful things from wood. My husband used to make furniture. Daisy

Robin said...

Daisy, I would be happy to email you, but there was nothing I could use to do it. On my blog there is an email contact in my profile. Feel free to contact me that way if you like. We are going to be moving to the Sioux Falls area but are truly thinking we would like to try life in a small town or near one. We have quite a bit of family and history in the southeastern corner of the state.