Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 5: Very Productive Day

Woke up still feeling my cold but was determined to crank it up and get things done. After some quiet reading and reflecting, I made a list of things to do, cleaned and dusted everything but the studio, and sang along with my tunes.  I wrote a couple of emails and read a few blogs.  By then it was 9:15.

Spent a good part of the day in the studio.  I made bindings for 6 table runners and 2 lap quilts.  Then I used my Bernina to quilt two more table runners  I followed that up with attaching the bindings on all of the table runners and made a sweet little wall hanging with the embroidered bear blocks that were too big for the little baby quilt.

We are trying hard to get more exercise into our lives so I put on a thick hoodie and my windbreaker and we headed for the walking path as soon as Kevin came home from school.  Did the 2 mile version again today.  Did not take the camera, but didn't see the skunk or any clouds so it all worked out.  It felt great to get out there and walk (some of our best talks happen while we are out there), and I knew dinner was waiting in the crockpot so I could truly enjoy without having to think about how long it was going to take to get dinner on the table.

As I tell you often, we are blessed to have this opportunity and plan to take full advantage of that fact as often as possible.

No comments: