Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17: Embroidery Issues and Questions

Sometimes I don't want to share mistakes, but in this case, I can't figure out what I need to do so I fudged it.  When I digitized this logo, I spent a long time getting everything in place and looking right.  I stitched it out several times to check for problems.  I did it on t-shirt fabric because I intended to put it on shirts once I got it right. No issues presented themselves, so I stitched up two shirts today.  They both had the same problem.  On the left side of the barn and lean-to there are open spaces where the gray shows through.  My first photo shows it.  On the second photo I hand stitched red to fill in the spaces.   Not a perfect solution but a workable enough one to make Kevin's shirts wearable.  What can I do to correct the problem.  I have checked and rechecked the digitized image and it does not show any spaces.

***Don't think the finger thing is carpal tunnel but rather more likely a pinched nerve or maybe symptoms of something called cubital tunnel which I have also had issues with for 20+ years. It is my right hand ring and pinky fingers.   Found some exercises online that have already helped some.  I will monitor it for a few days and back off on binding as well.  I am not a doctor and do not self-diagnosis but figured I could try something first.  If it does not improve with the exercises I will just have to walk over and see my new doctor, right?

No comments: