Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13: Projects for Dad

Ta-Da!!!! I finished all the little quilts, table runners, and wall hangings that I had planned for Dad's church bazaar.  He did hte embroidery and left me to figure out how to use the blocks.  It felt like that little bit of craziness I feel when something tells me to "quilt as desired".  I have shared peeks at most of these and some are remakes of things I did last year.  He did not know I was working on any of these, so when we called and told him last night he sounded quite surprised.  The box will be mailed on Friday, so I will report back on how he likes them when he sees them.

Although some photos are too dark and some look a little off-square, they really are nice, simple, squared-up pieces.  The wall hangings will have wooden dowels with ribbon for hanging (They are ready but need to be cut down to size.).  I did not know for certain which embroidery design companies made each design, but if you want me to find out, I can ask my father-in-law for the information.























No comments: