Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21: Where has September gone????

I sat out on the step cutting on the birthday quilt's ragged edge and thought about how fast this month is speeding along.  Won't be long until the fall foliage is here and then sadly gone.

I spent a fair amount this morning and the early part of the afternoon putting together the first few rows of the ragged quilt.  I decided that it was a perfect day to go outside and do the snipping rather than have all the bits in here screaming for a vacumm.  I would share what the quilt looks like but the little person who asked me for it does check the blog, so I want to keep it a bit of a surprise. 

Sorry, Zoe, but it is not for you. Maybe you will want me to help with decorating your new bedroom, or maybe you have something else in mind.  We'll talk.

Since I opened my own can of worms by stating that I was trying to get myself back to a normal, healthier size, I am going to sneak in a comment about it.  I am still doing a pretty good job of following a plan and have just had to purchase new jeans and shirts.  Did not get carried away because I am planning to need to do this again by the end of October and then again at the end of November.  After that we will see, but more exercise is needed and I am still looking for the kind that I really will love and do all by myself even if Kevin is busy.  Wish I could be as big an exercise geek as my sister Becky but I do not think I am programed for it.

1 comment:

Living in the In Between said...

Robin,
My daughter found a quilter in Collierville who does tshirt quilts. This is the link for how she makes them. www.nightowltshirtquilts.com . I don't know if you had this type of design in mind or more of a block style. (That's what I was envisioning).
Ronda