Monday, September 19, 2011

September 17: The Burlington Waterfront


It was a gorgeous day, so Kevin and I combined running a couple of errands and a trip to the waterfront.  Recommend that kind of plan so that every errand seems to be done more quickly.   We normally tend to dink or
maybe it is me, after all, I am the "Dinker's Daughter."  However with the promise of lunch and a walk by the water I seemed to keep focused on what "had" to be done first.



This view is from the outdoor deck of the restaurant looking
out at Lake Champlain.
 
This was so DELICIOUS!  It is a grilled turkey wrap.


Obviously we were on the boardwalk near the Boathouse.

Still on the boardwalk looking at the boats in the marina

Another scene from the boardwalk.  The mountainous
background is something that fascinates me.

From the boardwalk we moved to the biking/walking trail.
We wandered off the main path and found this little beach.
Walking in the sand was much different than walking the path.

Those are NOT small vessels in the distance.

It was not hot out, but I was glad for a few moments
of shade.  I did not remember to use sunscreen so my nose was a little pink by the end of the day.
(Yes, I am sitting on the "ugly picnic quilt".)

This aquarium shot is for my grandkids who delight in watching the fish and other creatures of the deep.

Not sure about the gargoyles-type figures on the roofs in
 downtown Burlington, but they always seemed posed
 for action.  Need to investigate!

Love the contrast of mountains and water.

Made us miss White Bear Lake and 'tooning.

See the hint of changing leaves.  Fall foliage is just
around the corner.

No comments: