Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26: Fascination with the Sky

I have always loved looking at the clouds and discovering that the various shapes represent images to me.  I was a big fan of the Harold and the Purple Crayon series as a kid and have bought more than a few of those books as an adult.  I imagine myself getting that big crayon out and outlining all the clouds so that my wonderful husband can actually see all the things that I imagine when I am looking.

However, I think that the clouds that I see in the sky here in Vermont seem to have a much different affect on me.  I was talking to Sandi and she said there was a lady here that used to have to travel west to the plains to see the sky because she did not like always having to look up to see it.  I sort of understood because eastern South Dakota where we grew up is pretty much prairie.  But this weekend, I found that I was continually drawn to the sky, the clouds, the mountainous silhouettes, and the dramatic strokes of color.  I don't have a fancy camera, and many of the shots were through the windshield, but here is a small feel for what I saw.





No comments: