Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7: Addendum

HQ placement dilemma solved.  Kevin came home early because he need some of the paper and drawing tools that were here.  He has a lot of homework to do so I am going to wait to actually put up my HQ, but we did lay out the frame and my plan is going to work with about 18-24" to spare at the doorway.  Good thing I have been working at reshaping my body, right? 

Since he has so much homework tonight, I am going to go put all the blocks together so that tomorrow I can hopefully quilt it together and attach the binding.  Love to do hand stitching on the binding in the evening.

FYI:  I realize that lots of places have much less friendly weather than we are having in our area of Vermont, at the moment, but it has been rainy and cloudy and gray and even very humid on a couple of the days since this round started last Friday. Most places we have lived in the summer lent themselves to closed windows and air conditioning, so maybe I just did not hear it constantly, but here we have a tin roof and open windows -- no real need for air conditioning and not cold enough or windy enough to shut the windows.  I do not normally think about the rain too much but I am starting to wonder if we should have built an ark.  The two oil fuel guys that I talked to yesterday have lived here all their lives and they said that sometimes it does rain on and on, but it is not usually the case.  Even so, I will try not to complain again because I know that I am thrilled with not being in Texas with the heat and drought or any place that the hurricanes have caused devastation.  Guess there are times when an attitude adjustment is needed even for me.

No comments: