Friday, September 16, 2011

September 16: Computer is SICK

Before I explain the computer, here is a glimpse of the "ugly picnic quilt".  After reading and hearing stories of the so-called quilt police objecting to beautiful quilts being used on the ground I decided to go for utilitarian ugly.  This one will never receive any objects unless it is to comment on how could I ever make something this "ugly."  The back is leftover fabric used on a guy-quilt.  The front is just leftover squares from various t-shirt quilts - just the parts that had some iron-on interface, not parts of anyone's really fun quilt!  It is going to be great for our impromptu picnics and quick stops along the trails.  BUT IT IS NOT A SHOW PIECE!!!

I do not know whether this is a blessing or just a pain!  The computer has been having some start up issues for several days and has also had a few other glitches that have prompted me to plan a trip to the fix-it geeks.  I am no expert on how it all works.  I know more than many, but less than many others.  I can not correct the problems myself and Kevin does not seem to have any answers either, so this little link to the world will be in the shop for a week or more. 

Good news is that Kevin also has a laptop, so I will be using it when it is home from school. 

Before the computer leaves, I have been given a challenge by my husband to create an embroidered logo of the woodworking school for shirts.  Time frame is tight, but I think I can get it done.  I am hoping that this computer can hold out that long before heading to the shop.  My goal is to have the design ready before he gets home from school and then make a mock up so he can decide if it works.  I have digitized only 2 graphics in the past, so...................

I did mean to post this earlier today, but I got a little distracted.  Decided to hold on to the computer until near the end of next week so that I can continue to play with this digitizing.  So far I have spent about 5 hours on it and feel like I am sitting on the edge of a break through.  Still have an hour before bed, so I am going to try again.  I love a challenge!

No comments: