Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1: Our First Walk

We went for a 40 minute walk.  It was not all flat land either.  There were also very few sidewalks and some of it was even dirt road.  It was uphill and downhill, and it was beautiful.  Should have had my camera!  Next time I will.  We saw several creeks with small rapids, chickens on the loose, and many mountains in the distance.  We did not race walk, but it was a good steady pace.  Came home sweaty and then did a little more sweating by carrying all the empty boxes down the 16 steps and out to be packed in the trailer.  I did have a bit of fun by using the steps as a big slide.  (I will not approve such antics by grandchildren!)  Not sure how many calories were burned, but it did take a little while to cool down. 

Can you believe that I even asked Kevin what he thought about getting snowshoes.  He just looked at me, so maybe he was in disbelief that I might be contemplating more exercise.  LOL!!!  Ben, we will probably have some snowshoes by the time you come to visit.  I will share with Jill, too.

For those that have known me for a very long time you are aware that I have carried more than a little extra weight around with me for most of my adult life.  I have done some dieting and then found excuses to stop.  This time it has been much different.  Through all the retirement preparation, planning our new life, packing, moving, traveling for a month and now moving in, I have stayed focused.  I still have pounds to remove, but I am so much more fit already.  Living in a place with 16 steps to come in or out will be good for my heart.  Don't think I would have been willing at last year's weight!  How am I doing this?  With God's help and Slimgenics.  In case you want to know how much I have lost or plan to lose, I am not sharing the numbers but my goal is Size 8-10.  Should be there for Christmas if not earlier.  I ask that you offer up prayers for my continued success.  I want to be around for many years but I want them to be healthy.  Wonder why it took me so long to clue in to all of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love getting to know you like this!! Have you read the book "Made to Crave" by Lisa Teurkhurst (I most likely misspelled her last name, please forgive me, Lisa). Now you know why I am eating vegan.....to lose weight and get really healthy. When you get back from the weekend, I have a movie to watch if you're interested...
And, I'll be very happy to keep you in my prayers!! Connie (I may have gotten a little uppity...I'm not sure what it means to "comment as" so I just put it as anon.