Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13: Piecing and Laundry

 The quilts will measure 46.5x46.5,  The backing will be the same
 as the feature fabric and the binding will be the navy blue.
Decided that I was not going to do anything housework except laundry today so that I could really play in the studio.  Last year I participated in a UFO white elephant with my guild.  I received several items in the bag including the pattern for this little comfort quilt.  The pattern is called "Spring Cheer Hospital Quilt" but there is no information telling me who designed it, etc.  I made and donated the first one, but decided that this was a quick quilt that I could kit with backing included, use to practice new quilting designs, and have on hand to donate or  send to someone as a comfort quilt.  I made 2 identical tops today and have 3 different versions more cut.  Once my HQ is up and running in a few weeks, I will have plenty of tops to practice on.  Sure does feel good to have a routine of sorts.

No comments: