Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27: One Month Down and Loving It

We have been in this apartment for one month.  At first I was very anxious because it was so filthy and needed so much work, but it has become a cozy little place that we refer to as home.  It is a huge change from the last few big houses with all the stuff to this much more modest and simplified version, but we are liking the chance to live more simply.  Even so, my cute little 2 1/2 quart crockpot might have to get a big brother because soup season is coming and 1/2 my chili recipe I made for tonight almost exceeds its capacity.  Know my friends will find humor in my crockpot enhancing plan.

Happy Birthday to my sister Sue!  She is one of those people that has really come into her own as a grandma.  She has some very lucky grandkids! Hope everyone can join you to PARTY!!!

With my new cold and the need to avoid leaning too far forward, I decided that this was a good time to work on my travel quilt.  I pieced part of the border together and was feeling like I was getting so close to being done.  However, I need to add a blue border first and then put the white edge to the center and add yet another border.  Love how this is looking, but I don't think the top will be done before the end of October.  Had hoped to start spending some early fall evenings doing the actual hand quilting, but I guess that will come in time.


Sat on the front steps and finished snipping all the edges on the rag quilt.  Shook that puppy for a few minutes and then put it in the dryer to tumble.  I have cleaned out the vent a couple of times already, and plan to keep it up for another hour.  It is amazing how many little short threads one lap size quilt makes.  I have been up and down the 16 steps a number of times and now it would appear that Charlie Brown's friend Pig Pen has moved in.  I will vacuum later this afternoon, but figured I should wait and just do it once.  Those steps will be so much fun with a runny nose and everything.

Just a little thought about my newest favorite food:  Plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a packet of Truvia.  I tend to eat it in stages all morning long and then finish it off at the end of my lunch.  Pretty darn tasty.

No comments: