Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14: Different Approach

Today I sent Kevin to school with a mission.  He has started building his first wood project.  He told me he has made the legs but today he plans to start cutting his wood for the actual box.  The first piece is rough sawn walnut.  Not certain what he decided on for the other two types of wood.  Since his previous building has mainly been with lumber purchased already prepared, I thought this would be a good starting place to share with all of you.  I will post about it tomorrow.

Today, I started with my new normal routine.  We have the alarm set for 7:00 because Kevin can't get into the school until 8:00, but we are always up before it goes off.  We have breakfast together before he heads off to school.  Then I take time to prepare myself for the day with some prayers and reflections to help guide me.  I follow up with checking my email and blog, and then I jump into the day.  Some times it means housework first, but today I am off to sew. 

Today, I set the goal of making at least two more of the small comfort quilt tops like I did yesterday.  I not only will piece the tops but also prepare the backing and the binding.  One of my goals this week is to completely empty one of my containers (Making more room to take Kevin's wooden creations back to South Dakota next August).  ***I hang finished tops and backings so that they are ready to quilt whenever time is available.

If time permits I will complete the quilting and attach binding of our little picnic quilt so that we can use it this weekend on our outing to Lake Champlain.  Three evenings of hand sewing the binding will be more than enough time to get it finished.

Very busy day planned, so I better get started.  If time permits I will try to post photos later today or will post early tomorrow.  Hope you feel like you have your day squared away and are ready to face the challenges of making it a productive one.

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

Wayne thinks if we come to visit it will be close to the end of your time in Vermont so we can help you bring stuff back. :-)