Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12: A Few Interesting Tibits

In our travels, I am always looking out for something fun that all generations will understand.  This one is for my grandkids and all who enjoyed the movie TANGLED. Have you ever wanted to live in a tower --- without locked doors, of course?  I always wanted to live in a tree house because I loved the one in Swiss Family Robinson.






Bet some of you that see this photo are already laughing.  If you have known me for any length of time, you are probably very aware that I love using my crockpot, or should I say crockpots.  Until I broke one in April, I had 6 of various sizes.  However, with space limitations as we traveled to Vermont and  the fact that I am trying to follow a specific food plan, I decided to leave all of them with the movers.  Then I came upon this 2 1/2 quart little gem and knew I could and would really use it with how we are currently eating - portion control has always  been the key for me.    It is a sweet little crock -- the glass in front of it holds 10 ounces.  We made turkey breasts and yellow squash in it yesterday.  Just right!

No comments: