Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6: Studio Work and a First

I have actually found time to do a bit of sewing and cutting today.  Probably should have finished organizing the studio first but I was putting away some fabrics and decided to use an odd piece to make valances for the studio.  I will probably add sheers later, but for now I just love looking outside, so. . . . .

My cutting table is set up in the hallway at this point and may very well remain in there.  It is a bright space and I can open the table as large as needed.  Today I out a few strips for my Sept-Oct Heart Strings challenge blocks.   I also used the table to cut the fabric for the valances.

My first is not quilt related unless you remember me whining about cold feet in my quilt room last year.  I really don't like going into cellars where there could be lots of creepy crawly things, but today I have been there 3 times.  What a show of courage and bravery for me.  Not going to make a habit of it, though.  The last trip was to show Kevin what he gets to be in charge of this winter.  Ian, the oil guy came to deliver 190 gals of oil for heating the apartment this winter.  Apparently we will be using about 100 gals of the stuff every 5-6 weeks (hopefully less since warm air rises and we are on the second floor)  The tank that holds this oil is in the cellar so Ian showed me all I ever wanted to know about it.  By the way, the 190 gals of oil cost $720.50.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi im chris and i am intrested in your school but i have a few questions to ask that i cant find on your websites. now my question are:
* can i get a certifecate in your prgram?
* do you teach all the sections of carpentry?
* how mutch cash are your prgrams? (diffrent sites of your school are putting ranom prices out ther)
* how mutch dept am i gonna have after this program?
* how many years can i go too your school?
* will this help me get an apprentes ship in carpentry?