Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5: Random Thoughts

We are settling in and getting more organized.  We have made yet a few more purchases to help with the organizing and feel that we are finally done with that kind of spending. We officially acknowledge that there is too much stuff to fit in the truck and trailer for the trip back to South Dakota, but I am hoping to sew lots of my fabric into quilts that will either be given as gifts or donated to worthy causes.  (One of us who should remain nameless (Kevin) figures that is the only way there will be space for him to bring his wood pieces back to SD.)

Even so, I did not have a real space to cut fabric, so we bought a crafting table.  Lucked out and saved $60 on it at Joann Fabrics.  Also bought a few storage trays to use for our Wii disks and other cords.  I also purchased a lap desk so that I can balance the laptop better or write notes.  Kevin will probably build us a nice wood lap desk as one of his small projects, but I really felt that I needed something for now.

Wayne, you will be pleased to note that we have 2 automatic dishwashers that require no electricity.  We also have extremely hot water, so everything is quite sanitary.  I do the breakfast and lunch dishes, then Kevin washes and I dry the supper ones.  We are also recycling as usual, but now Kevin's soda bottles require a deposit.  I am saving the refunds for some kind of fun activity.

It has been very humid and rainy for the past two days.  My head is not adjusting as well as I would like.  Sinus pressure has kept me a little quiet and maybe even less than willing to go exploring, but I am not willing to cave in to meds yet.  Hopefully, the sun will come out tomorrow! This kind of headache is not good for sewing or cleaning, but it is fine for reading.  Enjoyed reading a book that Jamie gave me - The Inn at Eagle's Point by Sherryl Woods.  I am looking forward to the rest of the series, which Jamie also passed on to me.  However, found the next book in the Cedar Cove series, 1105 Yakima Street, by Debbie Macomber, so I am now reading it.

3 comments:

sweetie said...

Robin, one more attempt to find out if you and Kevin met up with a hefty Barnes and Noble gift card that I mailed to you. Knew you were slimming down your packing with a Kindle and thought it might be a thank you/congrats gift you could enjoy together. It would have come to your Mendota Heights address days after the retirement shindig. Please let me know before I delete that transaction info from my inbox. Could be it was not-forwardable and could be reissued if you never connected with it. I'm sure enjoying your new blog and all your new adventures and undertakings--well, except for all that cleaning and organizing. Sue

Robin said...

Sue,
Kevin sent you both an email and a thank you note in the last couple of days. Maybe he did not have the correct email. Believe me when I tell you that we have already been enjoying the Nook and have used your card to great advantage. I think the cleaning and organizing part is always the biggest challenge, but it is almost ready for inspection.

Castle Family said...

Guess we will have to plan an August trip to Vermont with a the truck and plan on returning with a trailer.

Wayne is pleased to learn that you have gone greener.