Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9: Headache, Runny Nose, But Still Quilting =0)

Can't believe that the cold is still messing with me, but it is what it is, so I cancelled my time with Sandi and slept in again today.  When I go up I thought about just reading a book and maybe even napping in my chair, but I checked my goal sheet and decided that there were things that needed to be done and decided to pace myself.  As I am typing, I can honestly say that my head hurts no more or no less than earlier, so I will be back to the quilting again after lunch.  I am not good at just sitting.
After my very long, hot shower, I decided to go ahead and just finish the last 16 blocks for my HeartStrings comfort quilt.  They are laid out on the bed waiting for me to decide whether they need to be rearranged yet again.  I will put them together tonight and quilt it before craft group next week.

Yesterday, I did a little more on the wedding quilt and am excited about how it is coming together.  I would love to show you, but it is a surprise, so.....

I also decided that it was time to baste and hand quilt simply because it is now February and it is on my goal sheet.  So I laid out my "travel quilt" which is really a BOM from Joann's that is called Mystic Blues.  As I told you previously, it is a quilt that I have been working on since 2004, but only when we were out on the pontoon or traveling in the car.  That is my excuse when something just does not seem to lay as flat as I want, but I am pleased with how the basting is going.  Hand quilting is the only way to go because there will be some areas that need extra TLC to lay well.  This is a twin size quilt and could be done with fancy quilting, but I have decided to keep it simple and forget the swirls.  I have only hand quilted a few pillows, so this is my practice piece.  I will love it no matter how it goes, but I will also be learning a lot.  The actual quilting will probably wait until March after the wedding quilt is delivered, but the basting will be finished over the next few days.  A quilting bee could have been helpful, but this way I am able to see and adjust where needed.  I am looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: