Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12: Procrastination

I do not usually blog on the weekend, and here I am back again today.  Why?  Partly to avoid basting my "travel" quilt in prep for hand quilting.  This part seems to have taken on a life of its own.  But the big reason is to show my finished HeartStrings comfort quilt top.  I have the backing and plan to quilt, bind, and deliver it this week.  However, the basting must be finished first so I can claim back the living room for relaxing and exercising with my Wii fitness trainer, and so I can do some finish trimming on the last few rows of the wedding quilt.

As always there is too much I want to do in a single day, but I guess I will get back to basting now.

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I'm working too ... I'm avoiding assembling a top so after doing a few blocks I allowed myself to be distracted with a postcard.

The top looks great -- thanks for participating in this project challenge!

Becky said...

Beautiful heartstring quilt top! I love the color combinations. You are so right about hand sewing vs. longarm. I wish I didn't like the look of handquilting so much. Thanks for making quilts for those in need.