Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10: Mostly Carving and Antiquing with a Small Side of Basting

Today was carving class.  However, before class, I went on a journey with Kevin to look for some real samples of Windsor rocking chairs.  We found ONE.  The guys at the shop allowed us to take all the measurements and photos we needed for Kevin to build his own rocker in class.  I did some sketches and recorded the measurements for him.  Then he treated me to lunch before class.
During class, Terre and I experimented with most of the bits for my Dremel and a couple of hers.  We talked about about some issues I was having with rounding edges and undercutting.  Basically, we explored possibilities.  I also started working on a Celtic heart.  As Kevin will "Happily" tell you, "After a class with Terre I always seem to want a few more tools.  I bought 4 new bits and a sanding flap.  It could have been more expensive, but we did not use chisels or gouges today, so.............. It was wonderful to be out and laughing after a week of having that miserable cold that always brings on a bit of sad, poor-pitiful-me attitude.
Tonight I am doing some more basting on the travel quilt and prewashing the back for my HeartStrings comfort quilt.  Want to be able to load it tomorrow.  Deb, wanted to let you go crazy with the idea that I am using a yellow background fabric for the backing.  I thought of you when Kevin said it was one he really liked.  hehehehehehe

No comments: