Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28: Comfort Quilt in Progress

Approximately 40x48
Woke up Sunday morning thinking about a very sweet young woman I know.  The fabrics reminded me of the young woman who will receive it. Like every comfort quilt I have ever made this one is made with fabric, stitches, and many, many prayers.  Just wanted her to know that I have her in my thoughts and prayers. 
I am making this comfort quilt from a line of fabric. The last couple days I have been immersed in cutting and piece this quilt top from a fat quarter bundle and yardage for the binding and back.   Even though the red/pink seems to jump out, in person it is not quite so overpowering, the binding is going to be the same red/pink color, so I think it will tie together.  Might still need to rearrange a few of the greens and golds, but it going to be finished today and quilted tomorrow.

No comments: