Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14: Do you ACTUALLY celebrate Valentine's Day?

I can remember a few times going out for dinner, but we are not fans of big crowds.

I can remember receiving flowers a few times, but I DO have allergies.

I can remember receiving mushy and silly cards, but they never seem to last because we move and move.

I can remember getting an overseas call when my husband was deployed, and still think it was one of most touching memories I have of the actual day.

I am not a things person and I don't mark my emotions by the calendar.  I am one of the very lucky ones who has a husband who is my best friend, confidant, supporter, cheerleader, helper, laugh maker, sweetheart, fun lover, calm in any storm, builder, organizer, all-around good guy, and the one I share children and grandchildren with.  That stuff is 24/7 so although a card, flower, jewelry, or plant is okay, I am glad I have my version of love and it seems to continue and grown year after year.  36+ and counting.

No comments: