Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19: Can't Share the Quilt, but...

I have all the borders cut and several are on the wedding quilt, so I think I am on track.  However, this is another kind of "quilty" sharing.  My husband has been looking for an evening hobby that he can do while I am binding or doing hand stitching.  He IS NOT interested in me sharing these activities, but he does love quilts.  So, he just started working with wood veneers to create quilt patterns. Aren't these tumbling blocks very 3-D in appearance?   My favorite part of the experimenting stage is that I get to keep the first project or in this case his next "learning" box.  I have no idea what the box will look like but the lid is going to be fabulous.

I also did a little off-quilt sewing this week.  I have shared in far too many posts about cold feet, so when we were in Joann's, Kevin offered to buy some heavier tie-dyed blue fleece if I wanted to make something for my feet.  I think he was thinking of slippers for walking around the house, etc. Blue is my favorite color and I love a challenge, so I did something like that but only for when I am sitting doing hand work.  I made double thick booties but they have no non-skid bottoms so I plan to stay planted when wearing them.  Tested them last night and did not go to bed with cold feet.  I made up the pattern, so they are a bit chunky yet every so cozy. 

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

If you want them to have non-skid you can use puffy paint on the bottom. Easy fix and you can make whatever design you want. :-)

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Daughter of Mine, I was hoping that you would not share a solution because now I will probably feel that I should practice safety with them, or at least Dad will. Love you