Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 22: Finishes and Starts

I attached the label to Jim's 60th b-day quilt and finished the binding.  I attached the label to my niece's wedding quilt and started the binding.  These are evening projects, so today I am going to do the actual quilting of my "Very Hungry" quilt and start working on the first of three stuffed bears.

I am making these bears for a friend in honor of her brother.  I will use pieces of his clothing - fabric and buttons to create these memory bears.  I have done it a number of times in the past and have found myself throughout the process  praying and hoping that each of these bears will bring some small sense of peace and comfort to family members.

I don't sew bears every day, but I always love creating this particular guy.  He is gangly and a little odd, but I think that is what makes him lovable.  I will share more details when I am finished.  With all the other things built into the next few weeks I am guessing it will be a couple of weeks before I have the finishing touches on all three.

No comments: