Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20: Wedding Quilt is Loaded and Calling My Name

I am still on track with the wedding quilt, so hopefully by Wednesday I will be attaching the binding and then doing one last quilting job before I pack up the HQ for storage.  I will let you know if I can really part with it for 3-4 months.  Withdrawal will be tempered with the fact that I will still have a number of UFO tops to work on and there is always the carving to practice.
For those that really know me, they know I have a think for crockpot meals and crockpots.  Most of ours are in storage because we were trying to travel to Vermont with the minimums.  However, I had already acquired a 2 qt and a 4 qt, before we made this weekend's purchase.  We are having a party at our place on Sunday and I am making chili and potato soups, so I either needed to buy pans or another crockpot.  This time, I bought a new generation of crockpots/slow cooker and love it.  Technically, crockpot is a trade name, but all of my slow cookers will always be called that.  This one is energy efficient, has a gasket around the lid to truly seal in the flavors, and a locking lid for transporting.  I tried it out with a turkey breast that cooked on low for 10 hours.  It was absolutely the moistest turkey I have ever had.  I do not consider my thing for crockpots to be hoarding because I love and use each one.  hehe

No comments: