Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23: Plan of the Day

As the wife of a retired Navy guy, there has always been a POD.  Sometimes I follow it, and sometimes the creative juices win.  Today, I have a plan and aside from my earlier snow walk, I am on track and feel focused.  As usual, I started the morning with prayers and then planned out what I really intend to do with the day.  (updated at 2:00)
  • Walking - building up my number of steps and stairs (Ultimate Goal is 12,000 steps a day.) (over half way to today's  goal)
  • Cobweb removal from all rooms - why is it that winter means more spiders? (10 min)
  • Cut out the other 2 memory bears (35 min)
  • Clean the nooks and crannies of the studio (30 min, so far)
  • Clean and oil machines
  • Begin a realistic list of what quilt UFOs will stay here to be worked on for the last 2 months of our time in Vermont (10 min, so far)
  • Load muslin onto the HQ so that it is ready for friends to try more of the continuous line drawing this weekend
  • Wipe down the shelves and mop boards in the laundry area, wash the rugs and vacuum (20 min)
  • Make grocery list for next week and for our "open house" soup party
  • Finish binding on wedding quilt (3/4 of a long side left to stitch)
As you can see, I do intend to give a large chunk of the day to my quilting or at least thoughts of quilting.  Tomorrow's POD is simple.  I am carving and adding more steps to my walking plan.

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

can you come to my house and do those cleaning items that you are doing at your house?

Nancy A. said...

what's this "cleaning" business? very foreign to me...