Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15: This and That

I just spent an hour reading and commenting on my niece's scholarship essay.  She is a very good writer so it was a pleasure to read.  The only frustration was using the google documents and figuring out how to save and send it back.  Finally, success! It is done and now I can move on to other things.

Last night after his tasty tuna casserole and Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream we did dishes.  Then  Kevin went back to school to work on the blanket/quilt chest that he is making for me.  It is almost finished.  It will have cedar planks lining it.  He thinks it will be ready for photographing at the end of the week.  He is also working on two other school projects - a Windsor rocker and a wall cabinet with glass doors for all of his planes. 

While he was out working I finished about 2/3 of the binding on my HeartStrings comfort quilt.  I am finishing that off this morning so that I can get it washed.  After a short workout, I will work on the last 8 strips of the wedding quilt.  I plan to be quilting it by the end of the week or at least have it mounted and read to go.

Just so you know, I am not telling you that I workout so that anyone feels guilty if they don't.  It is more that if I write it here, I feel obligated to follow through.  I STILL have about 10 more pounds to lose, and those pounds are screaming to stay and new wrinkles that need to be toned.  I never would have imagined what an emotional thing it is to get rid of these last few pounds.  Even so, I know that I am in so much better shape health-wise, so I am still pushing myself to make the needed changes.  The first 80 pounds seemed so easy in comparison.  Finally decided that I had to make a better effort to be more active.  Quilting and carving are not really physically active sports/hobbies, so I am working to incorporate other things to get me moving more.  DON"T PLAN TO GIVE UP EITHER HOBBY BUT STILL NEED TO FIND A DAILY SPORT THAT I REALLY LOVE (My stationary bike is on loan in Iowa until we move to SD, so I need something for now that is not dependent on weather or going to a gym). 

No comments: