Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20: Quilting Is Done - Binding Will Be Tondight

WHEW!!! The wedding quilt is quilted and ready for binding to be attached.  Not everyone goes with simple meandering but most times I think it is just right and in this case I actually perfer it over the panto I started using.  Thank goodness I when with my gut.  Of course, since it is a wedding quilt I did hide two hearts in the design. When Kevin gets home, I will have him help with manhandling the quilt for trimming.  Then when he goes back to school tonight I will attach the binding and set up the machine for doing to embroidered labels - one for this quilt and one for Jim's.  I am feeling very upbeat about all of this.

Just one more quilt to quilt this week.  Then it is time to decide exacting what stays and what goes into storage to wait our arrival in South Dakota.  Time is moving far too fast!

No comments: