Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29: New Experience and More

I went to a professional photo shoot today.  Items being photographed included a number of Kevin's woodworking projects, my hall table, and the wedding quilt.  No wonder my photos look like an amateur took them.  Amanda was great!  Can't share anything because she will have to give us the CD in a few days, but it was really worth seeing.  Got lots of pointers, as well.

Pattern is Simple Day at the Lake from
Threaded Pear Studio
Yesterday and this morning I made two quilt tops.  The smaller one is a comfort quilt that will be going to a young woman I know.  The other does not have a home yet, but at some point I will know just who needs it.  The quilts are each made from matching fat quarter bundles and a yard of the red/pink that is also part of the line.  The fabric has been lurking in my stash waiting for the right moment.  They each have their own personalities, but the one made of half square triangles used a little less fabric just because I could not cut the squares any larger.  They will both be bound with the red/pink fabric.

Jamie called this one "Totally Random"

No comments: