Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8: 8 More Blocks and Thoughts on the Wedding Quilt

32 done - 16 to go.  Today there were some more clinkers, but I really do like the look of this one.  I will finish the blocks off by Thursday and put them together Thursday evening while Kevin is at school doing work on one of his class projects.  I feel like I am ahead of the game because I have finished binding everything in the pile, except Jim's quilt, and that won't happen until I make an embroidered label.

The wedding quilt is coming along nicely.  I have to admit that I had a few inverted blocks in the first few rows, but hanging it on the wall has made it so easy to see the mistakes and correct them.  Kevin really loves this one, which is kind of amazing since he usually finds batiks less to his taste.  I think it is because of the layout.  Maybe after we settle in South Dakota I will make him a wall version in similar colors.

Break is over.  Back to piecing.  Life is good and the cold is practically a thing of the past.

1 comment:

Castle Family said...

The Heartstrings look good!