Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 7: House Chores....Then Quilting =0)

Although cleaning the bathroom is one of my least favorite chores, it requires regular effort.  When my hair was short I did not feel the need to mop the floor more than a couple times a week, but longer hair seems to require a swifter much more often.  I do not feel bald so I am thinking that maybe as much came off with short hair but the strands were less noticeable .  I scrub the tub regularly, but today was wall day as well.  Then I decided to wash the shower curtain, the towels, the rugs, and hand scrub the floor.  Maybe I am finally feeling better and just want the activity?  Nope, the cold has changed, but it is definitely hanging in there.  RATS!!  However, the bathroom looks and smells so fresh.

Between loads of laundry, I also sewed my next 8 HeartString blocks.  I mixed them all up and worried that some of the "uglies" would not play well with the rest, but I think the quilt is looking friendly.  Each time I mix them up, lay them out and then just pick them up, but on the last go around I"ll ask Kevin to give it another look and move whatever catches his eye.  In three more hours/days I should have all the blocks made.  An hour a day is not much to spend and I know this quilt will go to someone who needs to know that others care about how they feel.

My brother's 60th birthday quilt is quilted and is going have the binding attached this morning.  Then I plan to sew on the wedding quilt for a good part of the afternoon, or at least as long as my head allows.  The challenge to this quilt is that I feel like it is a big puzzle and needs to be seen visually at all times.  I am going to have to use painter's tape and hang the strips as I go.  No design wall in this little temporary apartment, but I know how to adapt.

No comments: