Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6: Quilting and Piecing

Today is almost all about quilting Jim's quilt and doing more piecing on the wedding quilt.  However, I am also working on a set of HeartString challenge blocks to make a comfort quilt.  Thought I would show you the first 8.  I have several more bags of strings that will probably alter the whole look with the exception of the center strip, but I always find it amazing that even the "ugliest" strips of fabric look at home in this kind of quilt.  It takes me about an hour to do the eight blocks, so I plan to give one hour each day until I am done.  I figure it is a good way to count my blessings, and do something for someone who really could use an warm, long-lasting hug.  (Isn't that what a quilt is meant to do?)

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I'm the same Robin, I have it down to about an hour for each "row" of 8 blocks. That seems to get me in there and working in short blocks of time.