Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7: Job Well Done

Yes, I have worked a bit on my hand-piecing project, but I really do not have anything to show.  I am waiting until I have a few rows together.  As I have stated, this one of those projects that is simply fabric therapy for me.

After going to church, the repairs were finished.  Tomorrow the carpet will be installed.  I helped again today by drilling pilot holes in the boards.  Can't take credit for the final finish, but I am proud to say I helped.  My husband is just a little leery that the water troubles are not over, but if you know anything about me, you know that I look at it just like Pollyanna might.  I believe it is going to be the right fix.

What was the next step, cleaning up and putting the tools in the workshop was what was planned, but instead we watch an amazingly loud hailstorm.  Dad's house had major damage from a hailstorm earlier this summer and is planning to have the roof reshingled at the end of the month.  This is the 3rd bit of hail we have seen since we arrived last Sunday.  The Sturgis Bike Rally has just started, so imagine some bikers saw the hail up close and personal.

After finally being able to put away all the tools, we simply kicked back and relaxed.  I read a Debbie Macomber novel and did a little piecing, while the guys played cribbage and napped.  They are allowing me to show the cribbage, but not the pix of snoring.  lol

Expecting a good night's sleep, followed by the installation of the carpet.  Then we hop in the car and head to Sioux Fall...Minneapolis..Waterloo.  Hope to be able to blog each night but we will have to see if the wifi cooperates.

No comments: