Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30: Back on the Air

Actually, we were just waiting for the internet to be connected.  I realize that a lot of you have seen the nightly news about all the hurricane related issues in Vermont.  For us there was quite a bit of wind and rain, but not like some storms we have been through.  The rain and run-off did affect the falls that I photographed on our arrival in Fairfax.  Here is that before photo and the shots we took yesterday afternoon.  Note the rainbow and the promise it represents. 
On Sunday, we did watch the trees sway and the small branches fly through the air, but it is to be noted that our apartment stayed intact and dry.  I do not take storms lightly, but I also do not panic or try to worry too much about what may happen.  I said a few prayers for us and for those who might need protection, but there was a lot of unpacking to do, so I focused on that and on staying dry.

For those who are facing hardships and suffering because of the storm, my heart and prayers go out to you.

No comments: