Friday, August 5, 2011

August 4 Addendum

Yesterday I wrote that we went to a quilt shop that I have loved visiting for years. As usual there were many, many, many things I would have loved to buy, but I am trying to stick to my own self-imposed rule of purchasing only one fat quarter of green/tan fabric at each shop (Yes, I know I have slipped, but I am back on the wagon again.)  I love all the Pearl Louise Designs and have several snowman kits that are begging to be finished, so it was a little easier to say no, but there were so many designs that called to me.  This shop is a little bit of heaven for quilters because it is so large but feels so cozy at the same time.
My fabric selection was easy.  I do not want anything that has a definite plant or animal design, but I love the idea of this one.

                             *************************************

This is a picture of the big problem in Dad's basement.  The water problem has been going on for a number of years, but after having the new drainage pipe added and the floor repaired, we took a closer look at Dad's walls and discovered that the lower 20 inches of one wall and a small section of another needed to be replaced along with the carpet.  We ripped up the carpet and toted it upstairs, then we started in on the wall.  (I will post a couple more shots as the work progresses today and tomorrow.) The project is not what we planned for our visit, but once it is done it will be much less for Dad to worry about when he gets ready to sell in a year or two.

No comments: