Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10: On to Iowa

Great news!  Dad's ear is healing and the doctor has sent him home to heal.  It will take time, but it looks like he is on the mend!  He is headed back to Rapid City, and we are on our way to the next leg of our journey - - about a week in Iowa with our 5 grandchildren and of course our children and their spouses.

******************************************

Have you ever seen a field of wind turbines?  In Minnesota there are a few small fields along I-90.  This photo is of one lonely turbine.  I had a lot of fields of turbines on the camera taken while we were driving in Iowa today, but for some reason I have deleted them. What do they call farmers that have these types of fields? 

Another sight that started popping up were the quilt blocks on barns.  We did see a number of them, but we came up on them without having the camera out.  All the ones we saw were well done. This one was the only one that I could capture because we were travelling too fast on the highway, so look fast.





                                                               *************************

We only managed one quilt shop today, and based on the signs you can see that we almost missed this one.  Talked to the owner and was told that they actually had another store in a nearby town so they had decided to consolidate.  Too bad I had my rule because there were some great buys.  As it was I bought my fat quarter and a pattern that seemed like it might be one I could use to turn some of dad's embroidered squares into a nice quilt.

No comments: