Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3: Two shops and a little more

Today was going to be an at home day, but dad decided that we should go to the mall and meet up with his walking friends.  Before we left, I did some email and straightening up, and the guys went out and trimmed branches from bushes and trees.  We left for the mall at 8:20 so you have probably guessed that we don't sleep in when we are here.

After visiting with the walkers, we went to the theaters that were close to the mall to see if the new Harry Potter movie was still showing.  Struck out at the first of the theaters, so we had to do a little more driving to check the other.  I read the first of the Harry Potter books long before anyone was even considering them for movies.  (We are going tonight!!!!!) Since were were going by 2 shops located in Rapid City, we stopped in.


 
Fabric City was our first stop. I found my green fat quarter with ease, but this shop is also connected to the Sewing Center where my FIL purchased his Bernina embroidery machine, so we had to stop and visit them as well.  I was doing my part by not purchasing anything but a fat quarter at each place, but Kevin saw a quilt kit in Edgemont and I had talked him out of it.  Guess what was hanging in this shop.  Guess what came home with us?  The last border is tan not yellow.  It will look great in our home.  It will be his own "QOV" for 30 years of service in the Navy.

Just down the road there is another quilt shop.  We stopped there, too.  Dad and I have been in there a number of times looking at embroidery designs, etc.  Although it is a nice shop, I am more of a traditionalist in my fabric selections, so it took me a little while to find my green quarter.  Of course by then I had found the purse pattern and just could not resist.  I am going to blame Kevin for it since he bought the first item that was not on my list.  lol  (Sharon, I know you will love having the fruit lady clutch that I am making for you when I get to Vermont, but maybe you need a purse as well?

*****************************
My two new purchases are on the lower left side.

1 comment:

CrazyGrammie said...

Robin, you're just too much -- it's so great to see that the heat and the move haven't got you down. I really like Kevin's quilt and the fat ladies will be very happy.