Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5 Happenings

Actually, I left off a very unique experience we had yesterday.  Our friends own Black Hills Ammunition and we had a full blown tour yesterday.  It is a very secure facility because of their products, but Jeff and Kristi gave us more than the nickel tour.  Love the cover of their brochure.Over the years we have watched them grow their small business into something much more substantial.  I loved hearing them talk about all that went into making a quality product and sharing how they modified an existing building to meet their own special needs.  I also loved the fact that when we entered head of security took to me like magic.  (He is not the most sophisticated security they have by a long shot, but he is certainly friendly.)

The basement repair work continues.  Last night we got the sheet rock off and talked long and hard about the next step.  You can see how rotten the bottom of the wall studs are - fortunately they are not load bearing so a plan was formed.  The dark areas on the sheet rock is not moisture but rather where the glue was used to help attach the bead board.  I have stayed out of this part since two heads are almost too much so three might have blown the process out of the water.  The second photo shows the progress as of 3:30 this afternoon.  Tonight they will have the last few pieces in place and then the sheet rock and bead board will go up in the morning.

                                            *******************
Just so you remember that this blog is about quilt and then other things, here is the book I purchased today.  I found it in the oddest of places and have already read it from cover to cover because I am going to use some of what is in here to use up all the leftovers that are boxed and traveling with us to Vermont this year.  Are you curious about where I found this book?  We were in Menards, to buy the sheet rock and other building supplies.  It was one of several trips there in recent days.  I got distracted when I saw books and let the guys go find what they needed.  As I came around the book racks I spotted several crafting books, so I took a closer look.  Kevin was quite surprised by what I wanted to purchase and this building supply store.

No comments: