Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2: The Saga Continues

When we arrived in Edgemont I found myself being very impressed that such a small town so far from anywhere had such a marvelous quilt shop.  I broke my own rule by buying two fat quarters instead of one just to offer a little more to the pot and keep things running.  The lady I spoke in the shop said that they do a great deal of mail and phone orders.  The resident longarmer is a pleasant gentleman that seem to be focused and efficient.






As we drove to Hot Springs we started to notice the trees and hills coming back into the scenery.  The sky was cloudy for a short time, but no rain came our way.







Our last quilt shop was located in Hot Springs it had lots of interesting fabrics and quilts displayed.  It also carried quite an assortment of Australian prints.  The other unique feature of the town was that there as a small waterfall right near the shop.  It is a quaint town.





 As I said the sky was cloudy for a short time but as we drove back to Rapid it returned to the glorious blue of earlier in the day.  What a great outing for me, and fortunately the guys were willing and good sports.  Maybe the ice cream helped placate them, as well.

                **********************************************************
Now for the fabric purchased:  I only have a tiny bit of space for my treasures as we travel so I kept it to a fat quarter/shop with the one exception.  All the pieces are going to be green or tan and will be part of one quilt in memory of this year of travel and Vermont.

No comments: