Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9: Great Weekend - Productive!

KUDOS for my husband! I had help from Kevin, the cutting elf, this weekend. He cut up all the plaids and stripes I am using for my brother's 60th birthday quilt. I know my brother does not read my blog, but I try to keep things a surprise. His birthday is in May, but I need to have it quilted by the end of February since my HQ is going back to South Dakota and into storage in early March. Might offer a peek later, but for now, just wanted to share that my husband has once again shown that he is one terrific guy!

I was very busy sewing, quilting and cutting this weekend, too. Anna's 1/2 birthday is on Saturday, so I have to get my box mailed by Wednesday at the latest, but based on what I have accomplished, I think it will be going out tomorrow morning. Her parents helped her shop for Dora and Princess fabrics. I received a large quantity of fabric, so I decided that I needed to make more than one quilt. Anna loves a textured one I made for her brother, so that was one of the items on my list. I used a small amount of blue Dora and Princess fabrics along with the flannel backed satin to make her a little 36 x 36 drag-around quilt. Then I made 2 pillowcases out of the pink Dora and the purple Princesses. The larger quilt I am binding at the moment has Dora on one side and Princesses on the other and is done with brights. The binding is the pink flannel backed satin I used on her last quilt. (I will share a photo of the finished quilt either later today or tomorrow morning. GUESS WHAT I AM DOING FOR THE REST OF THE DAY? b-i-n-d-i-n-g


No comments: