Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23: TRAVEL QUILT TOP IS FINISHED


Mystic Blues - BOM from Joann Fabrics - 2004
Beauty is in the eye of the owner in this case.  I have put on all the borders and am ready to set it up for hand quilting.   The points are not perfect and my stitch length definitely improved as I sewed, but it will always be part of our household simply because it represents so much of our traveling.  Might make some of these blocks in the future, but I will machine piece.  Love the feeling of independence from electricity that I experienced, but I know that hand piecing and hand quilting is more about the process for me than the end product. 
 I will not do anything more on this quilt until February. We purchased a wide backing, thread, and an 80/20 cotton/poly batting for it this weekend, but I promised myself I would have it all pieced in January and leave the rest until next month.  Might even just baste it together in February and start the quilting in March after my HQ moves to South Dakota in anticipation of our move this May.

No comments: