Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13: Blue Experiment

Remember when I said I can be distracted to play creatively, well I have been! 
Way back in August, 2010, I made these 4 blocks using some of my extensive collection of blue fabrics and considered trying to make a whole quilt with this star in the middle.  However, I then got busy with lots of other things and just bagged it.  When I decided to do the Block of the Month with Crafty I decided to revisit this bag.  I found that I had made 8 total blocks. but had a number of 10" white foundation pieces cut out with loads of blue strings, so I sewed up what I had in the bag.  It made 35 blocks so that is what I worked with to make my experimental quilt.  (Was not really interested in the star idea, anymore!)  It is 5 x 7 blocks and measures 45 x 63.  Not a bad size for an experiment.  I am not planning to make more blocks but may add a blue border to bring it to 50 x 68.  Fun to experiment, but not really my normal quilt - VERY traditional most of the time.

No comments: