Thursday, January 19, 2012

February oops! January 19: Special Request -- I could not ingore.

When I read the HeartStrings email yesterday there was a very specific request for Quilts of Valor--400 for soldiers returning to Ft. Riley, KS. My nephew is stationed there but not involved with this particular group. Even so, I felt the need to do my part. There have been many requests lately, but I have been working on other special family quilts, etc. and, and, and. and.... However, this request brought me up short so I dropped everything and went in search of my red, white, and blue fabrics. Luck would have it that I had lots of hsts and 4 1/2 squares, so I stitched all afternoon and have these blocks made. I have not arranged them in any order yet, but thought it might help inspire others to help with this request or others. More blocks will be made in the next couple of days. Read about the request: http://www.qovf.org/content/quilts-needed.html

1 comment:

Nancy A. said...

Did I fall asleep and miss a month? Here I was thinking it was still January.... just giving you a hard time. The blocks look great, keep up the good work.