Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5: Focused on MY PLAN and Working in the Studio

After listing all the projects I have and deciding on what I want to complete or recycle back into my stash and deciding what will come first, I got up this morning ready, willing and focused.  I spent the morning working on bindings for my quilting list which means that I did alots of  short seams and great deal of ironing.  I followed that up with putting the quilting projects in order, and then immediately decided that I would do the beige backgrounds first because I have beige thread already in the machine.  Still, the list is organized and I know where I am headed.

Anna's picks


This afternoon I will be spending most of the time cutting and piecing square-in-square blocks for the princess side of Anna's 2-sided quilt. The first photo represents the fabrics that my precious 1 1/2 year old granddaughter picked out by herself for her two-sided quilt when her parents took her to the fabric store. The brights in the next photo are what I picked out as strong candidates to make this quilt come together.  
Candidates for pulling it all together

For the next month or two, I feel like I have a plan and a focus, but know that I will probably allow myself to deviate a little.  That is the creative side of playing with fabric, and I accept it!!!!

No comments: